Zarubezhneft management is committed to the principle of priority of its employees’ life and health. In the course of operations all necessary measures are taken to enhance reliability of industrial equipment utilization and to implement modern progressive technologies.
For prevention, elimination and reduction of risks down to acceptable level, and, also, for the continuous improvements in the field of labor protection, provision of industrial and ecological safety in 2014 the Company approved the Policy on health protection, industrial safety, environmental control and social responsibility.
In the course of its operations Zarubezhneft is committed to the following:
- reaching “Target – Zero”, by elimination of injuries and deterioration of peoples’ health and environmental pollution.
- sound utilization of natural resources, materials and energy.
- compliance with Russian and International Legislation and with conditions of Cost Sharing Agreements.
- respecting interests of local communities in the regions of operations.
- informing the public on the results of its operations.
To implement the Policy Targets as related to ecological safety, within the Company developed and applied are the Short Term Program of Measures on Environment Protection and Rehabilitation for the Period 2014-2016 and the Long Term Program of Measures on Environment Protection and Rehabilitation for the Period 2015-2020.
The Programs contain the system of measures on preservation, improvement and rehabilitation of environment, its parts and components, on sound environmental management, environmental conditions control, ecological education and administration, information sharing with locals on the environmental conditions. Ecological Programs had been developed on the basis of medium term and short term Plans for Environment Protection Measures of Zarubezhneft subsidiaries, having within their operational activities processes with potential influence on people’s health and environment:
- JC RUSVIETPETRO
- Arctic Oil Company
With the purpose for provision of the planned reduction of negative influence on the environment, the Zarubezhneft Group of companies implements measures on the environment protection management on the annual basis.
Industrial safety and labor protection
Zarubezhneft management recognizes, that activities of the Group of companies on production, treatment and transportation of oil are connected with the risks, which may result in negative impact on professional health and safety of employees, contractors, subcontractors and other entities, who are operating at the work sites.
For prevention, elimination or reduction of risks down to acceptable level, continuous improvement in the field of professional health and safety, the Group of companies conducts its business in accordance with requirements of OHSAS 18001:2007.
Major targets of the Zarubezhneft Group of companies with regard to industrial safety are:
securing employees’ life and health in the course of operational activities at work sites;
- prevention of injuries and deterioration of employees’ health by hazards identification, risks evaluation and management on all levels, utilizing for this purpose organizational and technical measures, improving equipment and technology, means of individual protection.
- implementation and continuous enhancement of the Management System for Labor Protection, Industrial Safety and Environment Conditions Preservation and its efficiency in accordance with the international standard OHSAS 18001:2007 «Management System for Professional Health and Safety. Requirements»
- compliance with Russian and International Legislation, and, also, with other approved requirements in the field of professional health and safety.
- execution of all available measures on accidents prevention.
- possession by all personnel of necessary knowledge and skills to perform their work without damage to health.
- achieving maximum level of industrial safety, labor and environmental protection.
All explosive/flammable industrial sites are operated in accordance with licenses, issued by Federal Service for Ecological, Technological and Nuclear Supervision.
In 2015 the Zarubezhneft Group of companies introduced Industrial Program “12 Live Saving Rules”, which enables to enhance safety of performed operations. Adherence to the requirements of Industrial Program “12 Live Saving Rules” is a must for the Company’s personnel, contractors and subcontractors when performing operations at Zarubezhneft industrial sites.